The Faculty of Architecture, which began its academic activities as a department of architecture under the Faculty of Engineering in 1991, was converted into a Faculty in 1997 with Departments of Architecture and Interior Architecture. Today beside these two undergraduate programs the faculty has 7 graduate programs and Doctoral Program of Architecture. The Faculty has a wide range of student and faculty member diversity. We held many events such as International Design Week, seminars, workshops and site visits all through the year. Involvement of our faculty members in professional and academic organizations marks a higher level in the academia and society. Our accreditations NAAB SE, MiAK, AQAS and memberships EAAE, ENHR, IFI as a Faculty are achieved by these constructive characteristics.
We try to contribute to students education by considering the international qualities, universal principles and targets in order to achieve creative and questioning individuals, who are aware of the technical, ethical, aesthetical, social, and cultural responsibilities of being an architect and interior architect.
There are 1213 undergraduate and 169 graduate students in Faculty of Architecture. Faculty continues education with 40 full-time academic staff, 26 part-time staff and 43 research assistants.