List All News Articles
LOG on to Your Office 365 Account
Published Date: Wednesday, 18 March 2020
EMU Students: LOG on to Your Office 365 Account
As you know, you have been using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org allocated to you by the university. For some time, our university has been working in collaboration with Microsoft to switch to Office 365 email and applications for the use of our staff and students. So far, around 2000 of our students have successfully used Office 365 accounts.
As of now, all our students can use their Office 365 accounts through https://outlook.office.com
Using email@example.com and password used to access wireless eduroam.
With Office 365, you will be able to access your accounts with your eduroam username and password.
So, what kind of advantages will be provided with Office 365?
1. You will be using your email address as firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. The quota of your email address is 50 GB and it may later be increased.
3. You will have a OneDrive account where you can safely store your files, pictures, videos, and notes.
4. By using OneDrive, which has a 1TB space, you will be able to securely share your files both with your friends and instructors, and you can work on files collaboratively if you wish.
5. You will be able to make video / voice calls using Skype for Business with your Office 365 account.
6. If, online lessons come fore in the future, you will be able to attend online classes opened by your instructors, save your instructor's notes, and participate in classes in an interactive way.
7. If you need, you will be able to use Office Programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) online.
How to Log on to Your Office 365 Account?
You will be able to log into your Office 365 account at https://outlook.office.com with the password you use when entering email@example.com and the wireless network system called ‘eduroam’.
You can easily set up your e-mail accounts as Exchange / Office365 on windows, IOS or Android operating systems.
If you encounter problems whilst logging into your account or installing applications, please contact the faculty / department system administrator or the Computer Center.
EMU Computer Center